Security is the number feature our security screens offer, but another big benefit is the overall appearance and added value a Crimsafe security screen can add to your home. While you won’t have to worry about your home’s security once we install your screen, you’ll want to continue to care for your new security door in order to maintain its appearance during its 65-year lifespan. Luckily, we’ve got everything you need to know to make caring for your Crimsafe security screen a breeze!
Like cleaning your car or your home, caring for your Crimsafe doesn’t have to be done every day. With a Crimsafe security screen, the interval that you should clean at is determined by the environment you live in. We have put these environments into four categories based on your distance from the California coastline:
- Mild – Your home or business is more than 5 miles from the beach. If you live in a mild environment, cleaning isn’t required as often because of the lack of airborne moisture. In a mild environment, we recommend cleaning your security screen every 6 months.
- Moderate – Your home or business is within a ½ mile and 5 miles from the beach. The closer you get to airborne moisture, the more often cleaning will be recommended. In moderate environments, you’ll want to clean every 2 to 3 months.
- Marine – Your home or business is within a ¼ mile and a ½ mile of the beach. In a marine environment, we start to move into a more regular cleaning schedule. We recommend cleaning every 2 to 4 weeks in these areas.
- Severe Marine – Your home or business is within ¼ mile of the beach. Due to the prevalence of airborne moisture and salt, we recommend cleaning our security screen every week or every other week to prevent any heavy buildup.
Cleaning Your Crimsafe Security Screen
Thanks to the Tensile-Tuff 304 stainless steel mesh and our powder coating process, caring for your Crimsafe security screen is simple and easy. When it comes time to give your security screen a little TLC, all you’ll need is water, a non-abrasive brush, and a non-abrasive cleaner. We recommend Crimsafe Wash and Wax, or any regular car wash and wax. Just be sure to avoid strong solvent-based cleaners to protect the mesh coating. Once you have the necessary tools:
- Scrub down of the mesh and frame with warm water, your non-abrasive cleaner, and your non-abrasive brush
- Follow up with clean water wipe down
That’s all it takes to keep your Crimsafe security screen in tip-top shape!
Whether you live in a mild or severe marine environment, caring for your Crimsafe security screen is essential to keep it looking its best. At Budget Blinds of North County San Diego, we’re here to help you keep your home safe but also looking its best. If you have any questions about maintaining your security screen, contact us, and we’ll be happy to help!