Carefully planned drapery will enhance your interior and the overall look and feel of your space. Drapes have the ability to add a tremendous amount of style and function in your home, but are often times looked over when planning your interior design. We have selected some influential drapery designs from throughout Austin, Lakeway, The Hill Country, Dripping Springs and even Fredericksburg, Texas to help illustrate how to design with drapes and the added functionality draperies can offer.
1. Decorate Your Walls!- This gorgeous Spicewood, TX home has created a backdrop on their wall with inverted box pleat draperies that coordinate with their roman shade and window drapes.
2. Pair Your Panels!- This retreat in Spicewood, TX combines drapery panels with woven wood shades for a touch of rustic elegance!
3. Add Privacy & Glare Protection!- This living room in the Hills, TX chose drapes that will open on a drapery rod with rings to completely to show off their view, or close for privacy and glare protection.
4. Create Room Darkening!- Custom drapes with blackout lining, coordinate with a blackout roman shade at Grand Summit Ranch in Dripping Springs, TX for the perfect bedroom retreat!
5. Add Sound Absorption!-Decorative drapery panels help to absorb unwanted echo in this Fredericksburg, TX wine country home.
6. Create Drama!- Pleated drapes, curtain tie backs and faux iron cornices added a dramatic look to this Austin, TX master suite.
7. Reduce Noise!- Motorized drapes help to block out unwanted noise in this Downtown Austin, TX condo.
As you can see, not only are drapes beautiful they are functional! Draperies boast benefits such as; room darkening, sound absorption, light control, glare protection, noise reduction, and privacy.
Now let's talk about style! Drapery can be fully functioning or stationary. If you plan to open and close your drapes regularly, you will want to choose a traversing curtain rod, motorized drapery track or drapery rods with rings. If you are looking for decorative panel drapes that are non-functional, you can consider either a full width curtain rod, or a small curtain rod that is designed specifically for side panels. Drapery panels are ideal if you want to frame out your window, block out light from around your window shades or enhance the look of your room. Draperies can also be layered over one another to add depth, design and energy efficiency to your windows.
Whether you are looking to update old blinds or enhance exisiting window treatments, draperies are something to consider! With an endless amount of pleat styles, fabrics and trims to select from, custom draperies will add color and texture to any space. Carefully chosen fabrics and colors can imitate your personal style and enhance the look and feel of the room. Many designers use drapery in lieu of artwork in the room to give the room a custom, personal feel while adding color and texture to enhance the space. Now that you're ready to design with drapery, give one of your Budget Blinds and Inspired Drapes of Austin & Hill Country design consultants a call and get started today!