Ready to set your home up for success in 2021? Start with some spring cleaning! Here’s our comprehensive home maintenance checklist that can help you stay on top of any repairs and help your space feel fresh in the new year.
Winter months can be rough on your roof, gutters, and chimney. Before you do anything else, it’s best to do a walk around your home’s exterior to check for any damage. Make sure to do the following items when inspecting your home’s exterior:
- Check for cracked or missing roof shingles.
- Look for trouble spots on your exterior walls.
- Inspect the exterior of your windows for any leaks.
- Caulk or weatherstrip your windows, if needed.
- Wash the outside of your windows.
General Interior Inspection
After you finish eyeballing the outside of your home, come inside to do some light spring cleaning throughout. Think of the areas in your house that often go neglected and start there! Make sure to include some of the following on your interior inspection checklist:
- Test fire extinguishers, GFCI outlets, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors.
- Vacuum heat vents and registers.
- Dust your light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Check, then, clean or replace your A/C filters.
- Clean your dryer vent and washing machine hoses.
- Wash then steam drapes and curtain panels.
- Dust off any cellular shades or roman shades.
Spring is a great time to check for leaky faucets and clogged drains. Check under the kitchen sink to make sure connections are properly sealed. Laundry rooms and hot water heaters should also be given a once over at this time. You may also want to:
- Wipe down your refrigerator.
- Deep clean the dishwasher.
- Sanitize your garbage disposal.
- Clean your range hood.
- Empty and clean your toaster.
- Use a damp cloth to clean wood blinds and vinyl blinds.
In addition to the kitchen inspection, you’ll want to take a quick look at your bathrooms too. Make sure to complete the following:
- Inspect tile grout in your bathrooms and seal it as necessary.
- Repair leaking faucets, showerheads, and running toilets.
- Snake tub, sink, and shower drains.
- Vacuum dust and debris from your bathroom exhaust fans.
End your spring cleaning adventure outdoors by sprucing up your lawn and garden. Pay special attention to your patio space and create a schedule for lawn maintenance throughout the spring and summer. You may also want to check the following off your list:
- Rake the lawn to remove any branches, debris, and leaves.
- Inspect outdoor pipes, faucets, and in-ground sprinkler systems.
- Remove your outdoor furniture from storage and clean it up.
- Check that your outdoor grill is still working.
- Invest in new patio decor—like outdoor drapes or shades!
Ready to Update? Consider All of Your Options With Budget Blinds of Mill Creek, Woodinville & Mukilteo
If you're looking for up-to-date window treatment options for your home near Woodinville, WA, look no further than Budget Blinds of Mill Creek, Woodinville & Mukilteo. We help you create the home of your dreams by providing you with trendy window coverings at affordable prices. We believe style and affordability go hand in hand. To learn more about Budget Blinds of Mill Creek, Woodinville & Mukilteo, check out our About page and learn about our commitment to you, our valued customer. You can also follow us on Instagram at @budgetblindsofmillcreek.
Ready to talk to a representative at Budget Blinds of Mill Creek, Woodinville & Mukilteo about the best window treatments for 2021? Contact us today!