Specialty Shutters for French Doors and Patio Doors
- Blinds on doors are notorious for shifting and banging every time the door is opened
- Curtains or shades can add unwanted bulk as well as dangling cords
- Vertical blinds are not everyone’s cup of tea, plus you have the shifting/banging of a blind
Happily, shutters are an ideal solution for covering doors of all types, including French doors, sliding doors, and patio doors, and they make excellent shuttered closet doors.
Budget Blinds® offers many styles, colors, and finishes in shutters so you can find the perfect custom solution for your doors, with real wood shutters, composite shutters, Plantation shutters or aluminum shutters. Your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant can help you find the right shutter to address any challenges you may have with covering doors:
- Movement; doors are opened and closed many times a day and require unimpeded access
- Doorknobs or handles that get in the way of traditional window coverings
- Maybe you want to downplay the door so it becomes more background than feature
- Maybe you want to spotlight your beautiful French doors or patio doors
- Privacy, lighting, and ventilation
Shutters are securely attached directly to the door so there is no possibility of movement. Unlike blinds or shades that have a top attachment, framed shutters surround the glass for permanent placement.
Additionally, hinged, bi-fold or sliding panel shutters can cover a wide expanse of glass, including doors and windows, and offer the option of a completely open view by folding out of the way. Especially on patio doors, shutters allow for good ventilation; you can open the door and adjust the shutters to let in just the right amount of fresh air.
- If you love curtains, add a valance above the door for a pop of color, or coordinate with other window treatments in the room by using the same fabric
- Wider slats create a more modern look, narrow slats are more traditional
- Real wood shutters are highest grade North American hardwood, harvested from certified forests to help conserve the environment
- Composite shutters look like real wood but are made from synthetic materials so they are highly moisture resistant for areas of high humidity like kitchens and bathrooms
- Plantation shutters offer timeless style, with tilt-rod or hidden-tilt control
- Motorization is available on many styles for the ultimate in convenience
Don’t let challenging doors keep you from having a beautiful, coordinated window coverings throughout your home. Call 866-879-9730 to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or go online to www.budgetblinds.com to find the Style Consultant nearest you to discuss all the options available with custom shutters for your doors. They’ll bring samples and design guides as inspiration so you can have the best-dressed doors in town!
Always on-trend and stylish, Budget Blinds also offers innovative window fashion design with blinds, shades, soft treatments like drapes and valances and exquisite decorative drapery hardware to ensure that you get the perfect window coverings for your home.