It’s Like Magic Fabric!
Lately, and pretty much since I discovered them, I’ve been just loving on solar shades. It always surprises me how many people don’t know that solar shades exist, so if you’re one of them, here’s a special treat for you!
So the first question we need to answer is: What is a solar shade?
- Solar shades look just like roller shades but don’t block your view. They come with the same valance and control options that roller shades do, and they can even be combined with a roller shade to become even more versatile!
- During the day, you’ll have quite a bit of privacy. At night, you’ll have a bit less. This makes solar shades fantastic for acreages, farms, properties that back a field, businesses, or lake-front cottages.
- In your office, these shades will help prevent glare on computer screens and give your staff a more comfortable working space.
What else should we know about solar shades?
- Solar shades come in a variety of UV-blocking options. A 1% will block 99% of UV rays but provide less of a view and more privacy. We call this ‘openness’. The openness options range from 1% to 14%.
- The lighter the colour of the fabric, the more difficult it is to see through and the higher the privacy. Counterintuitive but true!
- Some solar shades are beautifully patterned and make a statement while others are designed to blend in with your décor and be very simple. The choice is yours!
See what I mean? Magic! I’ve included some photos below and of course, please feel free to call us for a free, in-home consultation. We’re always happy to help.