As more and more homeowners are waking up to the benefits of window film, they find themselves debating over whether to choose it over other window covering solutions. Should I go with window film or blinds for a stunning visual effect? Which of these offer greater privacy and sun protection? Will window tints make the room appear dark by blocking light?
Budget Blinds answers these and some more questions to help you select the right window treatment, be it for your home or office.
Window Film Vs. Blinds
While blinds and window film are both great window coverings, each has its set of advantages and disadvantages. One may be more suitable over another, depending upon your personal preferences, requirements, and weather conditions. So how does one decide? Read on to learn more!
Window covering technology has improved substantially and this naturally applies to window film - one of the most contemporary window treatments. The window film available today offers a considerable range of benefits. It provides much needed protection from harmful UV rays while allowing in light.
Thankfully Budget Blinds’ window film can provide adequate sun protection without ‘darkening’ a room or without even being visible, unless you want it to. The phrase ‘you can have your cake and eat it too’ was probably coined for our window films! Here we present its pros and cons in a snapshot.
- Window film can easily be applied to the inside of the windows and removed without damage.
- It has the capacity to reject the sun’s heat as a result of which it acts as a natural insulator against extreme temperatures in summer. Hence it’s a great option for places that experience hot weather.
- It can block UV rays and protect your furnishings, flooring, and fabrics from fading and other damage due to sun exposure.
- It doesn’t build dust like blinds or shutters, making it easy to clean and maintain!
- It offers privacy to an extent and safety.
- Neutral window film does not obstruct outside views, allowing in natural light, controlling glare, and offering protection from the UV rays!
- It does not offer complete privacy. For a total privacy solution, consider combining window film with other window treatments like draperies.
- It does not offer light control as there is no way to adjust the incoming light.
Budget Blinds’ Window Film and Decorative Film
Budget Blinds’ innovative and multi-purpose decorative and window films offer practicality and artistic style in one go! Our specially treated window film protects your room’s furnishings from the harmful UV rays. In addition it rejects up to 78% of the sun’s heat, providing insulation and keeping your home or office naturally cooler in the summer months, which helps lower you energy requirements and costs.
With our decorative film, you can express your creativity in a style that complements or is customized to your home or office décor while allowing you complete privacy. We present a stunning collection of decorative etched patterns and designs that range from timeless classics to modern chic, including etched patterns of stained glass that are accented with pebble stone textures.
With our window film, you can also control glare, so you can enjoy the natural light in the middle of the afternoon without discomfort. We have an extensive range of decorative window films for a wide variety of applications including commercial and residential. Another benefit of these window treatments is that they can be precisely cut to fit odd shaped windows exactly.
Most of us are familiar with window blinds, which are a popular window covering solution. They are a great alternative to window film if you desire complete privacy and light control. In addition, they provide a classic aesthetic to any home or commercial property unlike the more contemporary looking window film. And while Budget Blinds offers decorative window films too, they can sometimes keep the window looking bare, (which is great if you prefer a minimalistic style!), unlike blinds, which add a little more depth and interest to a space. Blinds can be thought of as a supplementary interior element, adding timeless style and elegance to a room!
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of blinds:
- Blinds offer privacy when closed, which is great for any space, commercial or residential. In residential spaces, they’re also great for bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Unlike window film, blinds can block glare and allow you to control light as well as outside views, depending on your requirements at different times of the day.
- Blinds are like a separate interior feature by themselves and complete the décor, giving a fully dressed look to your windows!
- Blinds offer a timeless sense of appeal which is great for homes with a classic style. Their versatility makes them perfect for homes with modern styles too.
- Blinds can me motorized, a great solution for homes with children or pets.
- Blinds can gather dust over time which requires light maintenance.
- In addition, depending on the material or fabrication, some blinds cannot fully block the UV rays like a window film can.
Budget Blinds’ Window Blinds
Budget Blinds offers an extensive and versatile collection of window blinds that can be custom matched to your home décor. We offer wood blinds, faux wood blinds, aluminum, vinyl, and composite blinds, to name just a few. In addition, we offer venetian blinds as well as vertical blinds. All our blind’s options come in an array of appealing colors, styles, textures, and finishes!
Our motorized blinds offer style and convenience at the touch of a button and can instantly elevate your lifestyle and space, be it home or office.
Whether it is blinds or window film, both are great alternatives, depending on your needs and style. But the best way to tackle heat or achieve enhanced sun protection is to combine or layer multiple window covering solutions. It’s one of the most cost efficient ways to reduce energy consumption and lower your utility bills!
If you have questions regarding the suitability of a window treatment for your home or commercial space, schedule a complimentary in-home consultation. Our local Budget Blinds Style Consultant would love to visit you, evaluate your requirements, and make the best recommendations that suit all your needs! We not only bring to you the range of possibilities in covering solutions but also take exact measurements and fit the chosen window treatments with precision so you don’t have to lift a finger!