In the spirit of honouring those who have served, Budget Blinds® is designating the month of May as Salute Our Troops Month. While Budget Blinds honours veterans and military personnel all year long with special programs and partnerships, we’re making May 4 – May 31, 2015, an extra-special month of giving back to Canadian Armed Forces members, veterans and their families by partnering with our manufacturer, Springs Window Fashions®, who produces our high-quality line of Signature Series® blinds, window shades and drapes, to donate $15,000 in cash to Wounded Warriors Canada (WWC) to help make their life-changing programs possible.
During the month of May, you can join Budget Blinds in supporting WWC by donating directly to this admirable cause by visiting BudgetBlindsSupportsWWC.ca.
Wounded Warriors Canada changes lives
Wounded Warriors Canada is the newest veteran-focused partnership of Budget Blinds and parent company, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC). WWC is a privately-funded military charity that helps Canadian Armed Forces members–regular force, reservists or retired–who have been wounded or injured in their service to Canada. WWC supports programs and organizations that provide services ranging from supporting homeless veterans, to PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder) Animal Assisted Therapy and transition programs focused on family-based support. WWC’s diverse range of programs seeks to “Honour the Fallen, Help the Living” by ensuring that needs and people don’t fall through the cracks:
- “Many of us soldiers, as we leave the Canadian Forces and start new beginnings…experience gaps where our finances are not as secure or constant as they were while serving. The assistance from your charity is quite often a lifeline for us as we are moving into civilian life.” –T.O.
- “It is so refreshing to see that this fund is grassroots. This is a cause I am proud to donate to as I know the funds will get to our Canadian Heroes who need our help in their hour of need.” – J.K.
- “A big THANK YOU for your care and compassion for all the young soldiers’ lives…saved with your gracious donations toward the training of K9 comrades for soldiers with PTSD, [and especially for] the change in Geoff [my nephew] that Luna has made.” –B.E.
May is the month of remembrance
Budget Blinds chose May for its Salute Our Troops Month since in both the U.S. and in Canada Veterans and Armed Forces members are already a focus with National Patriots’ Day (CAN) and Memorial Day (U.S.).
- National Patriots’ Day, May 18th, is celebrated across Québec to commemorate democracy and patriotic struggles for freedom from the British rule during 1837–1838.
- Memorial Day, May 25th, commemorates all the men and women who have died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
As you participate in picnics, barbecues, patriotic programs, concerts and parades, always remember that our precious freedoms come with a price. Rejoice and be thankful!
During our Salute Our Troops Month sale event, you can receive 25% off selected Signature Series® window coverings by contacting your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant in the month of May. You can choose from a wide range of styles and colours of blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery right in your home with a FREE design consultation. Call 888-771-2532 today to schedule an appointment, or go to www.budgetblinds.ca to find a Style Consultant near you.
To learn more on how Budget Blinds is working to support Wounded Warriors Canada and how you can help, visit www.BudgetBlindsSupportsWW.ca.