Spring is a time of renewal after the cold of winter. Lighter, brighter clothes and colors come out of hiding and winter clothes are packed away. Just as you crave a fashion refresh, so does your home! You can quickly transform your spaces with custom blinds, shades, shutters, and drapes from Budget Blinds®, guided by this year’s Colors of The Year. Of the top five colors, blue hues took three out of five as the go-to color for 2020 home décor and trending style.
The blues have it for 2020, opening up decorating possibilities for every style and budget
Every year, the major paint companies and Pantone Color InstituteTM, the ultimate color guru, announce their color of the year selections as a guide for both fashion and home décor. Budget Blinds has compiled the top five—Pantone, Sherwin-Williams®, Benjamin Moore®, PPG, and Behr®—and offers some fun and innovative ways to incorporate these colors into your home and your wardrobe for a transformed, colorful new year.
Pantone’s Classic Blue
Classic Blue is a timeless and enduring hue that brings a sense of peace and tranquility to your home. Whether as a wall color, cabinets or decorative accents, this true blue can be regal, restrained, and boundless. No mere whisper of blue, Classic Blue makes a definite statement of engaging color wherever you use it.
Blue invites you to kick back and relax, making home an antidote to a hectic world
- Blue brings an ambiance of calmness and serenity to your home.
- Blue on blue in varying shades and textures creates a soothing, monochromatic color theme throughout your home.
- Bright Classic Blue works well with pastels or neutrals as well as deeper and darker shades.
A rich navy that creates a calm and grounding environment infused with quiet confidence whether used in a whole room or as an accent color. Naval is perfect for any interior space to add drama with deep rich tones that play well with all other colors. Naval draws inspiration from a midnight sky and the opulence of the Art Deco period, exuding elegance and respect however it’s used.
As the dominant color for walls and windows or merely as an accent, Naval will not be ignored
- Naval can set the stage for an exciting space, formal or casual, traditional or modern.
- Accent pieces in sparkly metallics especially pop when incorporated with dark navy.
- Accessorize with coordinating or contrasting colors in window treatments to strike the right color balance for your personal taste.
PPG’s Chinese Porcelain
Chinese Porcelain combines cobalt and moody ink blue for a heavenly blue that can serve easily as a neutral palette to liven up rooms where gray used to be but where more color is desired. Described as the "perfect, agreeable backdrop," it layers beautifully with additional blues and greens and metallic finishes.
A soft and yummy blue that brings bold color and serenity wherever it’s used
- A soothing blue that invites unwinding and relaxation for a bedroom, powder room or library.
- Enhances traditional wood furniture as well as industrial chic and mid-century modern pieces.
- Furniture, accessories, window coverings, and rugs in Chinese Porcelain present endless options for adding color in small or large doses.
Benjamin Moore’s First Light
“We selected First Light as our Color of the Year 2020 to represent a new dawn of idealism, design and living,” reports Andrea Magno, Benjamin Moore director of color marketing and development. First Light is a refreshing wash of pink, a soft, rosy hue blooming with potential.
Lighten up your home and your mood with a blush of color to awaken the senses
- The most neutral of all the 2020 color choices, a subtle pink beige will transform any room.
- Where softness counts, curtains and window shades in First Light give a breath of color to subtly highlight other furnishings.
- Bring in patterned rugs, pillows, and art pieces that integrate this new color with your existing color scheme.
Behr’s Back to Nature
Behr was in the blue camp last year with Blueprint, but for 2020 has chosen Back to Nature, a soothing meadow-inspired green to impart a fresh sense of vitality to the new year. The organic green captures “the emotion of wilderness landscapes and indoor gardens, while being subtle enough to serve as a new neutral.”
Custom drapery from the Budget Blinds Inspired CollectionTM lets you bring in exactly the color you want to enhance your rooms for spring
- Bring nature indoors with the luscious green of new spring growth in custom shades, drapery panels, or blinds.
- Transform a sunroom into a garden spot with Back to Nature walls or lounge chairs.
- The natural green pairs beautifully with organic fiber rugs, woven wood shades, and wood furniture and accessories.
Step out in style in the New Year’s colors
Color selections for 2020 also impact fashion for the coming months and what we’re seeing on the catwalk of New York Fashion Week, Paris Fashion Week, and Milan Fashion Week. To update your wardrobe and stay on trend fashion-wise, integrate the expansive range of blues into your wardrobe just like the Royals do. Here is Kate Middleton in Pantone’s Classic Blue, surrounded by additional options for stepping out in 2020’s favorite colors.
Rock your spring and summer wardrobe with all the colors of the year
- Shades of blue coordinate beautifully with the other colors of the year to mix and match outfits for every occasion.
- Wake up a basically neutral closet with touches of pink and green in accessories as the start of a whole new look.
- Layer on color with shoes, bags, and colorful jewelry; you won’t want to stop!
Your local Budget Blinds design expert is ready to come to your home and get you onboard with 2020’s Colors of the Year. With everything from window blinds and automated shades to custom draperies and home décor items like pillows, rugs, and bedding, you can update every room! Call 866-787-6616 today or go online to https://budgetblinds.com/ to find the designer near you. Check out our latest Design Guide for inspiration and up-to-date decorating ideas.