Father’s Day rolls around once a year and the focus is totally on DAD, showing him how special and important he is:
- Dinner at his favorite restaurant
- Thoughtful gifts that say “I love you”
- Treating him to a game or sporting event
Consider how great it would be to make every day feel more like Father’s Day! No, not a 365-days-of-Father’s Day gift frenzy, but maybe a man cave or personal space for him to kick back and relax. Dads are all different, but any dad would love a place of his own for movies, hobbies and video games, or enjoying absolute quiet or loud rock-n-roll.
Having a space that’s decorated by dad for dad is rejuvenating and satisfying. He can pick the colors and furnishings to reflect a side of himself that may not be evident in the rest of the house (the deer head and sports trophies will finally have a home). Ruffled curtains in the dining room are lovely, but for his space…black, room-darkening roller shades to cut TV glare!
Just remember, man caves are not necessarily isolation wards; many times the man cave becomes a favorite family spot for hanging out with dad!
The man cave of his dreams
If you don’t know where to start with giving dad some space, the Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) family of brands can help. HFC is home to three home services/home improvement franchise businesses that can help with custom designing his perfect retreat. And since the intent is for dad to design his own space, a gift certificate, or two, will place into his hands exactly what he needs! A phone call will bring a professional Style Consultant or designer to your home to meet with dad to create his dream space.
Budget Blinds® is the expert for all types of window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades, drapes and more, so his space can reflect his personal taste. Our cutting-edge smart home technology gives control at the touch of a button. Motorization is perfect for hard-to-reach windows and to increase energy efficiency by opening and closing window coverings even when you’re not home.
- Tech dad will love remote-controlled window coverings throughout the house, and especially in his man cave so he doesn’t have to get up to close the blinds
- Masculine colors and textures in window coverings, like natural woven wood shades or charcoal gray Roman shades will complete the look
- An outdoor shed can convert into a peaceful hideaway, with aluminum shutters that repel weather and control light and privacy, so it’s comfortable all year long
Tailored Living® provides some of today’s most highly sought-after services with home organization ideas, including custom closet systems, home office design, garage storage cabinets, custom flooring and more. Any space can become a haven for dad whether indoors, an outside shed or in the garage.
- Find space in the garage for a man cave by removing clutter with garage storage cabinets
- Complete the space with PremierOne® custom floor coatings or PremierTrax flexible tiles
- Build out a workbench area for hobbies, a home gym, or a sports center with big screen TV and team memorabilia in the garage or basement
- Convert the seldom-used guest room into his own private home office
- Give him a man’s custom closet design
Concrete CraftTM turns ordinary concrete into works of art with resurfaced, stained and stamped concrete. Using proprietary products and techniques, walkways, patios, driveways, pool decks, basements and more become functional, beautiful living space.
- Rejuvenate the patio/barbeque area with a decorative concrete floor in Flagstone and give him an apron that says: This is what a Grill Master looks like
- Turn that retaining wall into seating space with resurfaced concrete vertical designs and comfy cushions; then add a big screen outdoor TV
- Augment the new patio with an adjacent putting green
- Turn the basement into a weight room or media and game area with a stained concrete floor
Gift certificates need to be purchased from the local business where you live or, if it’s for a distant dad, you can do a ZIP code search for the franchise in his area by going online (see contact information below). For presentation on Father’s Day, you’ll receive a gift certificate package including a full-color mini brochure and a gift card with gift amount and contact information for the local franchise in a custom envelope.
For any of the three HFC brands, call or go online to find the Style Consultant or designer near you to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or purchase a gift certificate that will truly make this a memorable Father’s Day.
- For Budget Blinds, call 866-879-9730 or go online to budgetblinds.comto find the Style Consultant nearest you.
- For Tailored Living, call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) or go online to tailoredliving.com to find your local designer.
- For Concrete Craft, call 866-813-3699 or go online to concretecraft.com to find the location nearest you.