One of the amazing things about custom window coverings is that there are so very many options for design that go beyond the selection of drapery fabric colors and textures. This “design pool” includes the incredible array of custom drapery hardware to augment any window treatment. Think of it as window jewelry--the finishing touch to bring your windows alive and give them sparkling personality.
Drapery hardware has a major impact on style, so as you design your window coverings, make hardware selection part of the process, not just something to hang your curtains or drapery on
Not your grandma’s curtain rods
Drapery design and embellishments have come a long way over the last 20 years as manufacturing options expanded and (literally) a whole world of design styles and fabrics became readily available. Once considered most appropriate for formal décor, draperies are now an integral part of any room, creating an appealing ambiance such as casual, modern, traditional, ethnic or eclectic, just to name a few. Today’s combinations of fabric choices, design styles, valances, and decorative drapery hardware open up endless possibilities for creativity.
Budget Blinds® offers a full range of high-quality curtain rods and hardware in our Inspired Drapes® exclusive collection, including wood, metals, glass, crystal, organics, and resins in many colors and styles from elaborately detailed to clean, sleek minimalist modern.
Here’s a quick list of custom drapery hardware options to consider:
- Drapery and curtain rods – round, square, narrow, wide, smooth, hammered, rope or fluted
- Brackets – can be for single or multiple curtain rods; simple design or elaborate to command attention
- Finials and end caps – endless (no pun intended!) possibilities of styles and colors
- Tiebacks, holdbacks or rosettes – for holding drapes stationary or out of the way when open
- Medallions – extra special bling for valances or holdbacks
- Rings –with or without eyelets to attach the curtain or drape, or use clip-on rings
- Grommets – various shapes and sizes make drapery easy to open and close on smooth rods
- Baton wands – for opening and closing your traversing drapes; available in various materials, styles and lengths to accommodate window height; can be visible or hidden
- Traversing rods – single or double rod systems with smooth operation protect your drapes from rough handling when manually opening and closing them; these types of curtain rods can be motorized with Somfy® remote control for ultimate convenience
- Ceiling-mounted traverse rod or curtain track– excellent for tall windows or sliding doors that leave little mounting space on top for curtain rods and brackets
- Bay window and corner curtain rods – any window configuration can be accommodated with curtain rod elbows, swivel sockets or flexible curtain rods
- Wall sconces – ideal for securely holding big rods and heavy drapery
- Window scarf and valance holders – the crowning glory for swags and valances
Design like a professional
All these options should get you excited! Your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant can help you select the perfect drapery hardware to make your window treatments exceptionally you. With a free, in-home consultation you’ll view our Inspired Drapes Lookbook with the latest trending window fashions and work with actual color and style samples so you’ll be able to see how they’ll work in your space. Even if you have draperies that just need a new presentation, updating the drapery hardware of your existing window treatments can create a whole new look!
Our wide selection of metal drapery rod colors and finishes includes Satin Nickel, Brushed Nickel, White, Black, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Antique Copper, Gold, Rust, Brushed Brass, Antique Brass, Satin Smoke, Brushed Steel and more. Wood finishes range from White Washed to Black and all the wood tones in between. Custom finishes are available as well, just ask your Style Consultant.