One of the great things about Budget Blinds® being the number one window coverings franchise in North America is that we get invited to participate in amazing projects! With over 1,000 franchise territories in the U.S. and Canada, you can bet we’re readily available to consult, design, measure and install beautiful blinds, shades, shutters, drapes, and more, wherever an opportunity arises.
Giving back to our active military and veterans is close to the “corporate heart” of Budget Blinds, and this latest partnership with Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover is very exciting. Over the next year, families of wounded military veterans will receive complete home makeovers, including custom window coverings from Budget Blinds’ private label, Enlightened Style®.
Giving back to those who have sacrificed
Designing Spaces airing on Lifetime Television® is the signature home improvement TV series that travels the country redefining and redesigning space. A trusted name in home remodeling, home decorating, and home design, the producers have developed a special mini-series dedicated to giving back to members of the military and their families. Enlisting the help of seasoned expert decorators, designers, landscapers, volunteers, neighbors and Budget Blinds, homes are transformed, impacting the lives of military families with a very tangible thank you.
The host, retired United States Marine Corps Staff Sergeant R. Lee Ermey, “The Gunny”, oversees the process, adding humor and warmth, and the occasional impulse to shout, “Sir! Yes Sir!”
Budget Blinds’ international design and style guru, Tracy Christman and Angela Sansom, franchise owner of Budget Blinds Serving the Emerald Coast, contributed their expertise to ensure that every window covering would meet the needs of the family and, with professional measuring and installation, fit perfectly.
- “We were thrilled to participate in Military Makeover on many levels. Not only does Budget Blinds have a long-standing history and commitment for supporting our veterans, but because one of Budget Blinds’ goals is to help educate consumers on products, options, and features to keep homes with children safe, while still enjoying beautiful window coverings.” –Tracy Christman, Vice President of Vendor Alliance at Budget Blinds
- “We were excited to help make the Parke’s home more comfortable for day-to-day living by assisting with selecting window shades in the fabrics, styles and colors to meet the needs of the family. Working with Tiffany Parke was fun, and she was greatly appreciative of the home remodel. The Budget Blinds in-home consultation allowed her to match samples to her paint choices and coordinate everything. The whole family got involved in colors selection so every window will be perfect.” –Angela Sansom, Budget Blinds franchise owner
Meet the Parke Family
Air Force Technical Sergeant Kevin Parke is a two-time Purple Heart recipient, currently assigned to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. Enlisting in 2003, he’s served two tours of duty in Afghanistan, surviving three separate improvised explosive device (IED) detonations, and received numerous awards and medals for bravery and notable accomplishments like Small Arms Expert Marksmanship. On October 29, 2015, he, his wife, Tiffany, and their five children experienced a joyful reveal of a newly-renovated home, designed just for them and well-suited to their growing family and the busy years ahead.
You can watch the whole home renovation in a three-part series, culminating with the family moving into their amazing new space. The Parke’s Military Makeover will air on Thursdays, February 18, March 3, and March 17 at 7:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime® Television.
Tune in on March 3 to see the window treatments Budget Blinds selected, including styles, colors and textures and learn the design “why” behind the choices. You may not be aware, but all window coverings are not created equal. Different styles address different issues, such as:
- Privacy concerns
- Lighting control, room-darkening
- Eco-friendly characteristics
- Energy efficiency
- Child-friendly operation
- Style and fashion statements
It’s a combination of science and art to get just the right window coverings! If your own windows could use a makeover, talk with your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant. They’ll come to you, armed with samples of fabrics, blinds, shutters, Roman shades, drapery and more. You’ll be amazed at all the options for dressing your windows in style. Call 866-879-9730 today to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or go online to www.budgetblinds.com to find the Style Consultant nearest you. Be sure to ask about our wide assortment of Enlightened Style innovative blinds and shades during your free, in-home consultation, and tune in to the episode on March 3 at 7:00 a.m. ET to learn more.
View the trailer for the Parke family Military Makeover by clicking here, and make a note to tune in to Lifetime Television on February 18, March 3 and March 17 for the full story! Check your local listings and set your DVR.