Combining high fashion with practical functionality in your kitchen makes perfect sense. Maintaining the right balance of daylight, privacy, convenience and comfort will make your kitchen an even more popular spot for your family and friends to enjoy.
For this reason I needed to take my time in choosing the right company to purchase my blinds from. The first company I came across was Miles Ahead Blinds & Awnings, who gave me great inspiration to get stuck into the different designs that were available to me. However, they were based in Australia and ideally I needed someone a bit closer to home, so the search continued.
Blinds of all kinds for your kitchen
Budget Blinds® has a variety of window blinds to dress up any kitchen, whether it’s just one window over the sink or a wall of windows, including patio doors, and you never have to sacrifice beauty for functionality. Regardless of the style you choose, custom window blinds provide these benefits:
- Complete light and privacy control by simply manipulating the louvers, or raising the blinds for an unobstructed view.
- Options of cord control, cordless, or motorized for effortless operation and safety around children and pets.
- Various slat sizes to create the look you want. (Larger slats are more modern and give greater visibility when opened.)
- Energy efficiency, reducing solar heat gain and energy consumption when closed.
- Fit any window size or configuration, even hard-to-reach windows.
- Can be a stand-alone window covering, or paired with valances, curtains and drapery.
- Provide UV protection from the sun, safeguarding your home furnishings.
Additionally, many styles of blinds are moisture-resistant, which is an important consideration in a kitchen. Moisture and humidity come from the sink, dishwasher, cooking, coffee or tea pots, and maybe even a washer and dryer. Over time, this level of moisture can impact window coverings, such as real wood blinds may begin to warp.
Composite and faux wood blinds
If you had your heart set on wood blinds or if you have real wood blinds in other areas of your home and want the windows to match, no worries! For the look of real wood, faux wood blinds and composite blinds provide a beautiful alternative. Both are less expensive than real wood, with moisture-resistant qualities built in so they never peel, chip, crack or change color. Extremely durable and easy to clean, only you will know they are not real wood.
- Faux wood blinds come in several natural wood grain finishes and colors, as well as dozens of paint color choices. In 2” and 2-1/2” slats with smooth or textured finishes, they come with a decorative valance and contoured bottom rail, with optional cordless lift or motorization.
- Composite binds are lighter than real wood but still give the high-end feel of real wood. Available in smooth or textured finishes, in 80 paint colors and wood stains, it’s easy to match your existing home decor.
Vinyl, fabric and aluminum blinds
Vinyl blinds are stain-resistant, easy care and very affordable. High resistance to heat and moisture make them ideal for a kitchen’s temperature and moisture fluctuations. Fabric vertical blinds have a textured fabric finish for extra beauty and durability.
- Aluminum blinds are available in slat sizes of 1/2” micro, 1” and 2”, in almost any color of the rainbow, in high gloss, matte and brushed aluminum finishes. Aluminum blinds are light-weight, easy to operate and an excellent value. A dust-resistant finish keeps them looking fresh.
- Fabric blinds from our exclusive Signature Series Murano® collection offer light-filtering capability when blinds are open and complete privacy and light blocking when closed. They emulate fabric shades, but retain the visibility control of louvered blinds.
As beautiful and versatile as blinds are, they are not your only choice for kitchen window treatments. Budget Blinds also offers exquisite custom shutters, shades, curtains, drapes and window film, presenting endless possibilities for every decorating style and taste.
Your local Budget Blinds Style Consultant can help you create the perfect window coverings for your kitchen or any room in your home. Call 866-879-9730 today to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or go online to www.budgetblinds.com to find the Style Consultant nearest you. With samples and idea books in hand, they’ll help you assess your needs and channel your fashion passion into designing window treatments to warm and revitalize the heart of your home.
“The kitchen is the most important place in any house. Visit your family, and that’s where you’ll end up. Go to a party, that’s where everyone congregates.” —Michelle Dockery, actress (Lady Mary of Downton Abbey)