Traditional, modern and contemporary are three styles we commonly hear that represent the popular home design. These three styles have prominent characteristics that make them stand out as a distinct style. There are plenty of products that can be brought into your home to enhance your home’s specific style. Window blinds are a great way to establish your home’s style and complete its overall look. It can be difficult finding the perfect blind to match your home’s décor, but Budget Blinds® has a variety of stylish blinds to get the perfect look for your home.
Elements of Blinds
Versatile, durable and trendy, blinds are the ultimate window treatment to cover your windows. Window blinds can reflect any style you wish, they have the incredible versatility to make them picture-perfect. There are a few elements that will make blinds fit into a certain style. Details like slat sizing, colors and finishes play a major role in what type of blind goes into each style of home. Slat sizing can really change the look of a room, for example, a modern or contemporary look may use wider 4” slats. The wider slat will create a more open view which is a signature feature of those two styles. For a traditional home, a narrow slat is ideal to create a more classic, simplistic look. Also, the color and finish of your blinds can create distinctive vibes that can impact the ambiance of a room.
A traditional home is a true classic that will never go out of style. When you think of a traditional home the main traits that come to mind are comfort and practicality. Wood or aluminum blinds are perfect to achieve this look.
- Wood blinds come in a variety of colors from natural wood tones to bright colors, but for a traditional home, a natural wood tone fits perfectly. Their slats range from 1” to 2 ½,” to fit any size window but a narrow slat will accomplish the traditional look. If you want to add a touch of color to your natural wood blind, decorative cloth tapes can be a great option.
- Another popular window treatment for a traditional home is aluminum blinds. Aluminum blinds are extremely durable and have spring-tempered slats that resist dents keeping them fresh for many years. They come in a variety of slat sizes: 1/2,” 1” and 2” to control your privacy. A wide selection of colors provides endless possibilities to match your traditional interior.
Both of these styles of blinds are fitting for a traditional home but add a little more flair when layered with custom drapery. Budget Blinds’ Inspired Drapes® offers an exclusive drapery collection that combines high-quality designs with beautiful craftsmanship. Drapery panels can add additional privacy to your home as well as keep the traditional theme from room to room. Designer prints and colors will complement the blinds and enrich the traditional style of your home.
Modern homes break the barriers from the past to the future. Known for open floor plans, clean lines and lots of light, modern home is made for blinds. Brushed aluminum blinds, composite blinds, and vertical blinds are all options that will provide a crisp and streamlined atmosphere for your modern home.
- Brushed aluminum blinds are the quintessential modern-day window covering. They add a metallic vibe that is very appropriate for a modern home. Aluminum blinds can be customized by a Budget Blinds Style Consultant to fit any shaped window. Wider slats in a brushed aluminum finish will create a futuristic look that complements modern accessories and even minimalist design. Additionally, motorization can be added to your blinds for the newest innovations in window treatments, also perfect for your modern home.
- Composite blinds are another great option for a modern styled home. Constructed from high-quality materials that prevent fading and cracking, composite blinds are great for any room in your home especially the kitchen and bathrooms since composite blinds are moisture resistant. There are over 80 colors, wood paints and stains with options of smooth or textured finishes that can provide plenty of choices to achieve exactly the look you want.
- Vertical blinds are suited for a modern home because they can cover sliding glass doors and over-sized windows that are iconic features of a modern home. Verticals come in an array of materials, textures, shapes, colors, and opacities, from vinyl to fabric. The versatility of vertical blinds can play a large roll in differentiating your modern home from the other styles.
A contemporary home is styled to reflect what is popular during a certain era. It is an ever-evolving style that borrows from traditional and modern designs. A majority of homes fall into this category because it is a mixture of the two styles which gives the owner free-range in décor. There are plenty of styles of blinds that fit contemporary homes, such as colored wood blinds, leather blinds, and vertical panel tracks.
- Colored wood blinds add texture and character to your contemporary home and they come in a variety of colors to complement your home's décor. Colored wood blinds are a stylish eco-friendly window treatment that brings a natural element into your home.
- A unique blind style that is ideal for a contemporary home is the leather blind. Budget Blinds offers leather blinds for homeowners who want to make a major fashion statement with their window coverings. Leather blinds are a sophisticated blind that becomes the main focal point of the room. They function like regular blinds providing light control and privacy but are a stylish option that will give your contemporary home a very unique fashion twist.
- Another contemporary style is sliding panel tracks. They differ from the typical vertical because of their width. Regular verticals are thin but panel tracks are large, overlapping panels that create a more contemporary look. They are great for covering large windows and sliding glass doors. With a wide range of colors and patterns, vertical panel tracks can also be used as closet doors and room dividers.