Window treatments you choose for your home make such a strong impact on your interior design that you really want to choose custom window blinds carefully. When shopping for custom blinds, you'll be thinking about a number of factors such as overall function, lighting control, insulative values, and aesthetic appearance. You’ll also want to consider the design of your windows themselves.
The style and shape of your windows will determine which styles of custom window blinds will work best in terms of fit, function, and beauty. Budget Blinds offers a wide range of different custom window blinds and shades, all of which are professionally fitted to each individual window. This makes it possible for all windows, including custom sizes and odd-shaped windows, to be perfectly matched with beautiful custom window blinds.
Let's take a look at five different styles of custom blinds for windows and which types of windows they complement the most.
Motorized Blinds - Perfect for Hard-to-Reach Windows and Skylights
Motorized window blinds are becoming a popular choice of custom window blinds for homeowners looking for no-cord and hands-free functionality. They are perfect for any type of window that is hard to reach, including high windows, elevated windows in vaulted rooms, skylights, and windows behind furniture.
As far as custom window blinds go, motorized blinds are one of the safest options for families with children and pets since there are no dangerous, dangling cords. They're a great choice for windows in rooms accessible to children and pets.
Budget Blinds’ technology allows for motorization in most styles of their custom window blinds. If you have a specific window treatment you want, simply give them a call and see if motorization is an option.
Fabric Blinds - Soften the Sunlight Coming From Your South-Facing Windows
Fabric blinds are one of the most common types of custom window blinds since they are very versatile and come in a range of different styles. As far as compatibility, fabric blinds are ideal for living room, bedroom, and dining room windows. Fabric blinds maintain privacy and control ambient lighting, while also softening the sunlight to a more comfortable level.
All fabric custom window blinds and shades offered by Budget Blinds come in a wide range of different materials, colors, patterns, and weaves. You have options for fabric thickness, which affects the opacity of your custom window blinds. You can opt for a very sheer material that gently softens the sunlight or choose a completely opaque blackout fabric that blocks the sun’s rays entirely.
Budget Blinds offers a wide selection of soft custom window coverings and shades made of fabric, including:
- Standard Fabric Blinds - Standard fabric blinds hang horizontally and neatly fold when raised. The fabric blinds are treated, making them dust-repellent, for easier maintenance.
- Roller Shades - Roller shades come in over 100 different styles and 240 fabric options. These shades come with multiple control options, including cordless options. Roller shades have a very sleek, modern look appropriate for minimalist design.
- Pleated Shades - Pleated shades combine the warmth of horizontal fabric blinds with the ease of use of roller shades. Pleated shades come with 1" or 2" pleats and a top-down/bottom-up lift option. They can be customized to fit arched, angled, and odd-shaped windows.
- Roman Shades - Roman shades are a great option for windows where you'd like to have drapes, but also want the convenience of a shade. Roman shades have a classic look and work very well with other window treatments. Roman shades can be mounted inside the window frame or on the outside.
- Sheer Shades - Sheer shades are the answer for homeowners that want privacy with a minimal amount of light blocking. These look particularly beautiful when paired with drapes and are a stylish alternative to a sheer curtain lining.
- Cellular Shades - Cellular shades are made of a unique honeycomb-shaped construction and come in four lighting control options, including sheer, light-filtering, room-darkening, and blackout. Cordless in design, they can have a top-down/bottom-up function. The unique cell structure makes them excellent for insulation.
Vertical Blinds - Ideal for Wide Windows and Sliding Glass Doors
Wide windows and sliding glass doors tend to look nice with vertical blinds that come in small slats or wide panels. Vertical custom window blinds can be designed to open from the left, the right, or have a split draw. For additional safety and convenience, you can get the cordless wand control option.
Budget Blinds offers vertical blinds in a couple of different styles, including:
- Vinyl Blinds - Vinyl blinds are the perfect alternative to vertical fabric blinds for homeowners who want as low-maintenance as possible. Vertical vinyl blinds come in different colors and patterns as well as different vane shapes.
- Vertical Blind Alternatives - Vertical blind alternatives encompass vertical cellular shades, vertical sheer blinds, vertical woven wood blinds, and sliding panel tracks in most of the materials Budget Blinds offers in their custom window blinds and shades. If there's a particular material you're interested in, contact Budget Blinds to see if it's possible to get it as a vertical blind/shade.
Low-Maintenance Material Blinds - Solutions for Bathroom and Kitchen Windows
Bathroom and kitchen windows can be tricky to shop for when it comes to picking the right custom window blinds. Since these rooms tend to have high humidity, especially bathrooms, you definitely want to choose window treatments that resist moisture.
In addition to the vinyl blinds mentioned earlier, Budget Blinds offers three other low to no-maintenance blinds perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, and any other area of your home where low maintenance and moisture resistance are a must.
- Faux Wood Blinds - Faux wood blinds are a type of composite blind that mimics the look of real wood. You can choose between different colors and wood grains, just like you would with regular wood blinds. These are a great option if you want a natural wood look in your bathroom or kitchen.
- Composite Blinds - Composite blinds are energy-efficient, long-lasting, and repel harmful UV rays. They have a classically timeless look and come in over 80 different colors with the choice of 2" or 2 ½" slats.
- Aluminum Blinds - Aluminum blinds come in ½", 1” or 2" slats and are available in solid or metallic colors. You can also have aluminum blinds perforated if you'd like a unique look. Aluminum blinds are super tough, moisture-resistant, and are tempered to resist kinks or dents.
Wood and Bamboo Blinds - Natural Beauty for All Window Types
If you're looking for naturally beautiful custom window blinds and shades, you can't go wrong with wood and bamboo blinds. Wood and bamboo blinds look great on all types of windows, French doors, sliding glass doors, and more. There are even solutions for odd-shaped windows.
- Wood Blinds - Wood blinds can add natural texture and depth to a room. They are easier to keep clean and are more durable than fabric blinds. Budget Blinds offers wood blinds painted or stained, depending on the look you want to achieve. Wood custom blinds can be designed for any window size and shape.
- Woven Wood Shades - Woven wood shades are made of various eco-friendly materials, such as rattan reeds, woods, grasses, and jute. These materials are woven together into different styles, such as panel track blinds or woven wood blinds.
- Bamboo Shades - Bamboo shades are another eco-friendly custom window blinds option and are 100% organically-sourced as well. Bamboo shades give a soft look to the room by diffusing the sunlight coming in from the windows. Budget Blinds offers a blackout liner if you want full opacity with the bamboo shade. Bamboo shades easily customize to all window shapes, with control options, such as top-down/bottom-up operation.
Take the First Step Toward Beautiful Custom Window Blinds for Your Home
Opting for custom window blinds and shades over mass-produced window treatments is key to achieving a stunning, professional interior design. Budget Blinds makes it possible to outfit every type of window in your home with custom window blinds specifically tailored to your needs.
Budget Blinds is dedicated to helping homeowners find the perfect custom window blinds for their homes. They handle every aspect of designing, measuring, and installing -- leaving you to simply sit back and enjoy your new window treatments.
When you're ready to take the first step towards transforming your home's interior, all you need to do is schedule a free in-home consultation with your local Budget Blinds style consultant. Work confidently with our professionals who will help turn your custom window blinds vision into a reality.
If you have any questions about Budget Blinds custom windows and shades, as well as their other window treatment options, visit the Contact Us page to find your local Budget Blinds consultant.