How Can I Make My Home More Comfortable?

Spring is almost here, but that doesn't mean you need to get rid of any of the cozy textures you've brought into your home this winter. After all, designing a cozy home that makes you feel relaxed isn't just about aesthetic.

Your home is your personal space. It's where you ought to feel safe, at peace, and de-stressed.

To help you create a stress-free environment in your own home, here are some of the best ways you can make your space feel more comfortable.

Organize your space and declutter

Stress manifests itself in a variety of ways and one of those ways is through disorganization. If you have clothes lying in a pile on the floor or items scattered on your table, you're probably suffering from stress and anxiety.

A cluttered space is a cluttered mind. You can help relieve some of your stress by organizing your space and cleaning up a little at a time. You'll feel even a little bit better when your home or even just a room is cleaner than it was before.

Decorate your home with intention

Trends come and go. An accent wall or coffee table on Pinterest or HGTV may be popular now, but that doesn't mean it'll make you happy when you put it in your own home.

Envision a space that makes you feel happy and relaxed. Maybe you like custom room darkening shades or roman shades to keep your space cool. Maybe you like to have a lot of plants.

Once you have an idea of a space that makes you happy, translate that vision into action. Choose the paint colors and furniture that relax you, not the ones that are just on trend right now.

Are you looking for custom shades for your home?

Window treatments can have a big impact on the overall mood of your space. Solar shade fabrics that have a 5% rating can allow up to 5% of light in while blocking the other 95%. But blackout shade fabrics can block out light entirely.

If you're looking for custom shades for your home or office, Budget Blinds is the place for you. We offer a variety of window treatments Spokane residents love from custom shades to custom plantation shutters. To learn more about our window treatments, contact Budget Blinds today.