Energy-Efficient Window Treatments
Budget Blinds is North America's #1 Choice
Explore What Beautiful Can Do For Your Windows
If you thought you had to sacrifice style points for energy-efficient window fashions then think again. Budget Blinds of Litchfield County innovative energy \-efficient window coverings provide effective insulation, offering your home increased protection against heat loss during the winter and heat gain during the summer.
In addition to their artisan-inspired craftsmanship, dark shutters in wood or versatile polymer offer exceptional insulation that protects against heat loss during the winter and heat gain during the summer.
Our cellular shades come in an array of décor-friendly colors and their honeycomb-shaped pockets or ‘cells’ keep air from escaping or entering your home to enhance a room's overall energy efficiency.
Although known as an elegant, stylish window treatment, Roman shades can be created in a variety of fabrics and materials that help preserve indoor temperatures with their impressive insulative properties.
Cellular shades offer simple modern styling yet are versatile enough to increase a room’s energy efficiency due to their unique honeycomb construction.
Protect your home's interior with our innovative window film that rejects up to 40% of the sun's heat, helping to keep your home cooler during the hotter summer months.
It’s easy to upgrade your existing French doors with custom shutters that enhance energy efficiency and simplified privacy adjustment.
These elegant white shutters, made from durable, water-resistant polymer, are also highly energy efficient, thus lowering your energy bills while adding value to your home.
Style And Efficiency…The Smart Way to Save
Research shows that as much as 50% of a home's heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows. So rather than cranking up your heat or air conditioning to avoid uncomfortable temperatures inside your home, let us help with an array of versatile blinds, shades, shutters, and window film that are both practical and energy efficient, while also stylishly on-trend.
- Our cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades, combine the soft look and energy efficiency of window shades with the functionality of horizontal blinds.
- Layering your curtains or drapery with light filtering or room darkening liners helps control light gaps and improve insulation retention.
- Optional motorization allows your blinds to become energy efficient blinds, since they can be set on timers with sensors to maximize or minimize heat gain as needed.
- Hardwood shutters use an insulating design that helps make indoor spaces cooler in summer and warmer in winter, keeping your room at an ideal temperature.
- Window film deflects up to 99% of damaging UV rays, reducing heat gain and protecting your furniture against harmful UV damage.
- To maximize energy efficiency, consider our floor-to-ceiling drapes that fold back against the wall. This allows the drapes to seal off the window, preventing drafts and loss of heat through convection.
- Many experts agree that an average house featuring 15 windows outfitted with energy efficient window coverings can achieve an annual energy savings of approximately $150.
- Remember, “it’s the little things”, such as energy efficient window treatments, that make a difference in helping to conserve energy.
Get Your Free Budget Blinds Design Guide
Get inspiration for your home's future window treatments by browsing through our Design Guide from the comfort of your laptop or mobile device.