- A seasoned contractor, Jonathan updates and renovates each home using trending colors and styles to ensure a top-dollar selling price.
- Drew handles the real estate transactions, selling as well as buying, focusing on the family’s “wish list” for a new home and searching out the perfect location, size and price range.
Lana and Joe: Stunning Suburban
Lana and Joe love city living, but now with three young kids, the cost of living in the city is taking its toll on the whole family, with Joe putting in seven-day work weeks. Ready for a change and a slower pace in suburbia, they are desperate to sell their current home so they can move to greener pastures. Stuck in the boring neutrals of bygone years, they seek out the Property Brothers to help make their home attractive for today’s real estate market, and to assist them in finding a suitable new home.
- Essential Linens Floral Jacquards drapery panels from Budget Blinds’ exclusive Inspired Drapes® (ID) collection soften the windows by adding subtle texture and pattern. Curtain rods and Trumpet finials in a Satin Nickel finish coordinate with the pendent lights over the kitchen island.
- In the living room, dark hardwood floors anchor the shades-of-gray furniture pieces, including ID Essential Linens Charcoal drapery panels. Contrasting white walls and sunny yellow pops of color in decorative pillows and accessories keep the palette dynamic and surprising.
- Both windows in the master bedroom received Essential Linens drapery panels in luscious Plum with blown glass ball finials for a sparkling touch.
Onofrio and Mary Ann Demattia, franchise owners of Budget Blinds serving Whitestone, NY, provided expert measuring and installation services for all the draperies throughout the home.
Steven and Michael: A Charming, Cozy Cottage
Going from two to six family members have strained Steven and Michael’s little home to the max! After two years of trying to sell the home on their own, Jonathan and Drew have been called in to get the job done. Although loaded with potential, clutter and disastrous design choices had to be addressed by Jonathan to get the property ready to sell. Drew is challenged with finding a new home to accommodate four growing boys and finally discovers a perfect, 200-year-old gem from the days when homes were built to accommodate large families.
- Following current interior design trends and colors, the whole house was updated with combinations of grays, white-on-white, splashes of blue and light-colored walls and ceilings. The living room lost all traces of the dated, over-stuffed brown leather furniture and muted yellow walls. Contrasting dark woods brightened walls and white, modern furniture pieces create a fresh, inviting space.
- ID Essential Linens Spa Blue drapes liven up both the living room and dining room windows for consistency room to room, and the Satin Nickel drapery hardware is mirrored throughout the room in silver accessories.
This was a team effort between two Budget Blinds locations: Vinny and Karen Ferraro, franchise owners of Budget Blinds serving Newtown, CT, professionally measured for the drapery panels, and Peter Pirulli, owner of Budget Blinds serving Monroe, CT, did the expert installation.
Julie and Nick: Tiny House, Tons of Style
Living in close quarters with their teenaged daughter cramps everyone’s style a little, but now with Grandma joining the family nest, Julie and Nick really feel the need for more space to accommodate three generations. Suffering from clutter and a lackluster color scheme inside, as well as an impossible yellow exterior, this charming house needs the unique magic of Jonathan and Drew to get it up to speed for today’s home buyers. Along the way, sticker shock, unexpected complications, and budget constraints plague the Property Brothers on both sides: renovating the old and buying the new. Undaunted, of course, Jonathan and Drew are able to pull it off with style and move this family on to their new home.
- Small spaces feel larger with light colors, so the kitchen and dining room were brightened up with white walls, cabinets and dining room set. Dark hardwood floors unified the spaces. Ceiling-to-floor puddled Essential Linens Spa Blue drapery panels from our Inspired Drapes collection add opulence and rich color, complementing the secondary Gray drapery, making the patio doors appear larger.
- 2” Milk White faux wood blinds from our Signature Series® collection give a clean, modern look over the kitchen sink and in the living room, providing complete light and privacy control. The living room blinds were layered with identical Spa Blue drapes as in the dining room, adding an additional layer of energy efficiency for the home.
Josephine Brathwaite, the franchise owner of Budget Blinds serving Yonkers, NY, expertly measured and professionally installed the custom faux wood blinds and drapery panels to complete this renovation.
If your home décor is lagging a bit behind the times, new window treatments could completely transform your home with fresh colors and styles. Embrace new design ideas with Budget Blinds’ unlimited options with custom blinds, shutters, shades, drapes, decorative drapery hardware and more.
Call 866-879-9730 (U.S.) or 866-973-7570 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online at www.budgetblinds.com to find a Style Consultant near you by simply entering your zip code or postal code. With samples and swatches in-hand, you’ll be delighted at how easy it is to design custom window treatments right in your own home. View the online Design Guide and Inspired Drapes Lookbook to help you get started.
Be sure to watch Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers on the W Network in Canada and on HGTV in the U.S. Check your local TV listings so you won’t miss a single episode of fun and home fashion trends.